Director, User Experience
Why Norstella? Norstella unites market-leading companies that all have a shared goal of improving patient access. Each organization (Evaluate, MMIT, Panalgo, The Dedham Group) delivers must-have answers for critical strategic and commercial decision-making.
Together, we help our clients:
• Assess the market need and competitive landscape
• Know precisely which drugs to prioritize in their portfolios
• Find out where the launch difficulties will be—before they’re difficulties
• Track and improve market access post-launch
By combining the efforts of each organization under Norstella, we can offer an even wider breadth of expertise, cutting-edge data solutions and expert advisory services alongside advanced technologies such as real-world data, machine learning and predictive analytics. At Norstella, we don’t just deliver information and insights. We deliver answers you can act on.
About the role:
As Norstella’s Director of UX and Design, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the design and experience of Norstella’s product platform. From pre-clinical to clinical to drug commercialization, you will be responsible for crafting an exceptional user experience. This includes our future platform’s aesthetics, usability, and functionality, ensuring a consistent and modern experience across Norstella’s brands and product portfolio.
Reporting to Norstella’s Global Chief Product Officer, this person is accountable for the ongoing collaboration across our product teams and technology stakeholders for all aspects of design and usability, culminating the in the development of Norstella’s new and reimagined product platform.
UX and UI Strategy: Develop and implement a comprehensive UX and UI strategy that aligns with the company's vision and goals. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define user personas, user journeys, and design requirements.
Generative AI Integration: Work closely with product and technology to integrate new generative / AI technologies into Norstella’s new product platform. Ensure a seamless fusion of new capabilities with user-centric design principles, enhancing both functionality and user experience.
Brand Flexibility: Balance brand-specific customization with consistent design system elements. Create design frameworks that allow flexibility while maintaining a cohesive visual identity across different brands within the platform.
Innovative Design: Drive innovation in UX and UI design, staying abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and design principles. Implement creative solutions that enhance user engagement and satisfaction.
Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate effectively with product managers, developers, data scientists, and other stakeholders. Foster a culture of collaboration and creativity to achieve shared objectives.
User Testing and Feedback: Conduct user testing sessions, gather feedback, and iterate designs based on user insights. Champion a user-centered design approach, ensuring the platform meets the needs and preferences of our diverse user base.
Team Leadership: Lead and mentor a matrixed team of designers and developers. Provide guidance, support, and mentorship to foster professional growth and maintain high design standards.
The guiding principles for success at Norstella:
We have a lofty mission to Smooth Access to Life Saving Therapies and we will get there by being bold and passionate about the mission and our clients. Our clients and the mission in what we are trying to accomplish must be in the forefront of our minds in everything we do.
We make promises that we can keep, and goals that push us to new heights. Our integrity offers us the opportunity to learn and improve by being honest about what works and what doesn’t. By being true to the data and producing realistic metrics, we are able to create plans and resources to achieve our goals. 03: Kindness, Empathy, Grace
We will empathize with everyone's situation, provide positive and constructive feedback with kindness, and accept opportunities for improvement with grace and gratitude. We use this principle across the organization to collaborate and build lines of open communication.
We will persevere – even in difficult and challenging situations. Our ability to recover from missteps and failures in a positive way will help us to be successful in our mission.
We will be true learners by showing humility and gratitude in our work. We recognize that the smartest person in the room is the one who is always listening, learning, and willing to shift their thinking.
The skills you bring to the table:
• 7+ years in product design and user experience
• 3+ years leading UX and/or design for a product line or portfolio of products. Will have supported bringing to market multiple product offerings over a very short amount of time.
• Strategic thinker, capable of weighing trade offs of immediate and long-term growth opportunities.
• Very capable and comfortable swiveling between influence business stakeholders and highly technical stakeholders
• Highly resourceful. Can influence across a broad set of stakeholders. With a strong fact-based approach that facilitates prioritization and decision making
• Thrives when collaborating and influencing across product teams, business units and technology stakeholders to optimize speed to market and thoughtful product adoption.
• Demonstrable experience in incorporating advanced capabilities such as generative AI, predictive AI, complex data sets and dashboards, into beautiful user centric design
• Can provide a strong portfolio showcasing successful UX/UI and innovative design solutions
• Proficiency in design tools such as Figma required
• Excellent understanding of user centered design principles and methodologies. Will have successfully delivered impactful design systems across a complex, multi-line product portfolio.
• Bachelor’s and/or Master’s in UX/UI, Interactive Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field. Suitable and substantiated real-world experience may also be considered for highly qualified candidates.
• Experience in prior technical / development roles strongly preferred
Travel: < 30%
Location: US-based hybrid – willing to occasionally travel as needed to various Norstella offices and/or client meetings. Highly preferred if candidates reside in northeastern US region and/or London, UK