Have you wondered how life saving drugs and therapies are created, tested, marketed and made available to patients in need? Have you wondered how clinical trials are conducted at a global scale? How governments and health authorities regulate various organizations participating in this marketplace? Have you wondered how those companies and insurance providers price a certain drug, and how a care provider determines the right treatment for a given patient? If yes, Norstella could the next step in your career.
Reporting into Technology Manager, Senior Software Engg will work with internal and external developers responsible for the development and subsequent support of the various platform services components underpinning all the customer facing applications across Norstella. As part of a large technology group, the UI Architect will work with product management, architecture and other software engineering teams in support of the product development roadmap.
We are looking for an experienced senior software engineer with great communication skills, deep experience in software engineering, and most importantly, the ability and willingness to keep learning in this ever-changing technology landscape.
Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree in computer science and engineering or related field of study, or equivalent experience
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work on projects with significant complexity
· Be an excellent teammate, focusing on results, collaboration and winning as a team
· Have a strong sense of ownership of the solutions that your team works on
· Be willing to work with and invest yourself in learning new technologies, programming languages, databases etc.
· Be proactive, and a self-learner.
· Communicate effectively
· Be an "agile" person. You desire a fast-paced dynamic work environment
· Review existing technologies for suitability and make recommendations for change
· 10+ years in UI design and architecture
· 6+ years in building highly performant and scalable web applications using modern tech stacks – HTML5/CSS3/React JS/other JS frameworks
· Expertise in AWS Cloud/AWS UI technology stack
· Experience with RESTful API and API security frameworks, service-oriented and/or microservices architecture
· Experience with “Test First” (TDD) software development process
· Experience with modern programming languages like Node.js, C#, Python, Java
· Experience with Agile development and delivery – Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban methodologies
· Experience with relational and/or non-relational databases like PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, MySQL etc is a big plus
· Expeirence with Data Structures, Algorithms, and general Computer Science concepts
· Experience within pharma/healthcare sector is a plus
01: Bold, Passionate, Mission-First
We have a lofty mission to Smooth Access to Life Saving Therapies and we will get there by being bold and passionate about the mission and our clients. Our clients and the mission in what we are trying to accomplish must be in the forefront of our minds in everything we do.
02: Integrity, Truth, Reality
We make promises that we can keep, and goals that push us to new heights. Our integrity offers us the opportunity to learn and improve by being honest about what works and what doesn’t. By being true to the data and producing realistic metrics, we are able to create plans and resources to achieve our goals.
03: Kindness, Empathy, Grace
We will empathize with everyone's situation, provide positive and constructive feedback with kindness, and accept opportunities for improvement with grace and gratitude. We use this principle across the organization to collaborate and build lines of open communication.
04: Resilience, Mettle, Perserverance
We will persevere – even in difficult and challenging situations. Our ability to recover from mis-steps and failures in a positive way will help us to be successful in our mission.
05: Humility, Gratitude, Learning
We will be true learners by showing humility and gratitude in our work. We recognize that the smartest person in the room is the one who is always listening, learning, and willing to shift their thinking.
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $150,000 to $195,000. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to base salary and a competitive benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.