VP, Client Success
Every patient deserves treatment, and every treatment demands evidence.
Citeline (a Norstella Company) powers a full suite of complementary business intelligence offerings to meet the evolving needs of health science professionals to accelerate the connection of treatments to patients and patients to treatments.
These patient-focused solutions and services deliver and analyze data used to drive clinical, commercial, and regulatory related-decisions and create real-world opportunities for growth.
Our global teams of analysts, journalists and consultants keep their fingers on the pulse of the pharmaceutical, biomedical and medtech industries, covering it all with expert insights: key diseases, clinical trials, drug R&D and approvals, market forecasts and more.
Now, Citeline is proud to be a part of Norstella, an organization that consists of market-leading pharmaceutical solutions providers united under one goal: to improve patient access to life-saving therapies. Within this organization, Citeline plays a key role in helping clients connect the dots from pipeline to patient.
Citeline is seeking a highly motivated VP of Client Success who will oversee all the customer success, training, and customer support initiatives within Citeline. This role will oversee a team of 5 direct reports, with approximately 35 people in the client success organization in total. As the VP, this person will be responsible for leading our client success strategy and ensuring the highest level of satisfaction and value delivery to our customers. They will play a critical role in driving adoption, retention, and growth within our client base while fostering strong, long-term relationships.
- Client Relationship Management: Develop and nurture strong relationships with key clients, understanding their unique needs, challenges, and objectives. Serve as the primary point of contact for escalated issues and strategic discussions.
- Client Success Strategy: Continuously assess and optimize processes to maximize client satisfaction, retention, and expansion.
- Team Leadership: Lead and mentor a team of Directors, providing guidance, support, and development opportunities. Foster a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement within the client success organization.
- Customer Advocacy: Champion the voice of the customer internally, advocating for client needs and priorities across departments. Collaborate closely with sales, product, and marketing teams to ensure alignment and effective communication.
- Retention and Growth: Drive client retention and expansion initiatives, working closely with sales teams to identify opportunities for upsell and cross-sell. Monitor key performance metrics, including renewal rates, churn, and expansion revenue.
- Product Adoption and Value Realization: Collaborate with clients to drive successful adoption of Citeline products and services, ensuring they derive maximum value from their investment. Identify opportunities for product enhancements or customizations based on client feedback and market trends.
- Customer Satisfaction and Feedback: Implement mechanisms for gathering client feedback and measuring customer satisfaction. Use insights to inform product development, service improvements, and overall client experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, life sciences, or related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in client success, account management, or related roles within the data or life sciences field
- Proven track record of building and managing high-performing client success teams.
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical industry dynamics, including drug development processes, regulatory requirements, and market trends.
- Strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to develop and execute client success strategies aligned with business objectives.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to leverage data and metrics to drive informed decisions and measure success.
- Customer-centric mindset with a passion for delivering exceptional service and value to clients.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and navigate complex client relationships.
The guiding principles for success at Norstella:
01: Bold, Passionate, Mission-First
We have a lofty mission to Smooth Access to Life Saving Therapies and we will get there by being bold and passionate about the mission and our clients. Our clients and the mission in what we are trying to accomplish must be in the forefront of our minds in everything we do.
02: Integrity, Truth, Reality
We make promises that we can keep, and goals that push us to new heights. Our integrity offers us the opportunity to learn and improve by being honest about what works and what doesn’t. By being true to the data and producing realistic metrics, we are able to create plans and resources to achieve our goals.
03: Kindness, Empathy, Grace
We will empathize with everyone's situation, provide positive and constructive feedback with kindness, and accept opportunities for improvement with grace and gratitude. We use this principle across the organization to collaborate and build lines of open communication.
04: Resilience, Mettle, Perseverance
We will persevere – even in difficult and challenging situations. Our ability to recover from missteps and failures in a positive way will help us to be successful in our mission.
05: Humility, Gratitude, Learning
We will be true learners by showing humility and gratitude in our work. We recognize that the smartest person in the room is the one who is always listening, learning, and willing to shift their thinking.
- Medical and prescription drug benefits
- Health savings accounts or flexible spending accounts
- Dental plans and vision benefits
- Basic life and AD&D Benefits
- 401k retirement plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Education benefits
- Maternity leave
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $175,000 to $185,000 plus bonus. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to base salary and a competitive benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
MMIT is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Our ethos is to respect and value people’s differences, to help everyone achieve more at work as well as in their personal lives so that they feel proud of the part they play in our success. We believe that all decisions about people at work should be based on the individual’s abilities, skills, performance and behavior and our business requirements. MMIT operates a zero tolerance policy to any form of discrimination, abuse or harassment.
Sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here- you are welcome. If you read this job description and feel passion and excitement, we’re just as excited about you.