Citeline, part of the Norstella group of Pharma information solutions, is one of the world's leading providers of data and intelligence on clinical trials, drug treatments, medical devices and what's new in the regulatory and commercial landscape. Relying on us to deliver vital advantage when making critical R&D and commercial decisions, our customers come from over 3000 of the world’s leading pharmaceutical, contract research organizations (CROs), medical technology, biotechnology and healthcare service providers, including the top 10 global pharma and CROs.
From drug and device discovery and development to regulatory approval, and from product launch to lifecycle management, we provide the intelligence and insight to help our customers seize opportunities, mitigate risk and make business-critical decisions, faster. As the pharma and healthcare sector faces unparalleled upheaval, customers rely on our independent advice, enabling them to cut through the clutter and make sense of changing drug development, regulatory and competitive landscapes.
To amplify the ability to make critical decisions, Citeline is proud to become part of Norstella; an organisation that unites the market leading companies Citeline, Evaluate, MMIT, Panalgo and The Dedham Group. Our shared goal is to improve patient access to life-changing therapies. We are stronger together and as a Norstella company, Citeline plays a key role in helping to connect the dots from pipeline to patient.
The SME Non-Pharma supports all of Citeline’s customers who provide products and services to biopharma companies (e.g. finance, consulting, medcomm, legal, CRO, CDMO and more). The team is comprised of Account Managers, just over half of whom are based in the U.S. and the rest are in the EU. The Account Managers work alongside Client Success Specialists to oversee all client renewals. The majority of clients have HQ in Europe. Some travel to the US can be expected 2-3 times per year at a maximum.
SCOPE OF ROLE
As an Account Manager, you will grow and maintain an existing client base of non-pharma accounts through renewal and expansion of long-term partnerships. You’ll serve as a trusted advisor for key leaders and identify how Citeline’s solutions will support each client with achieving their business priorities.
HOW YOU’LL SUCCEED
• Be accountable to achieve and exceed the agreed quarterly and annual sales targets as set forth by the business
• As an expert of your clients, you will be responsible for understanding every facet of a client’s business including organizational structure, performance, business strategy and key leadership
• Execute against a comprehensive account and territory plan to drive high retention rates, renewal uplift, and new bookings within relevant whitespace (products to the right)
• Proactively identify and capture opportunities or address risks at strategic and tactical levels
• Demonstrate deep knowledge of your client base to align product offerings and packages with client needs
• Full cycle of planning execution, collaborating with support teams internally (SDR’s, Client Success, Solution Consulting and Consulting & Analytics) to drive success
• Partner with Citeline’s Product management & Client Success teams to share feedback from client interactions and strive for continuous improvements in Citeline’s offering to Non-Pharma companies.
• Utilize SFDC to document all sales activities and provide accurate and up-to-date sales pipeline reports and forecasts on a weekly basis
WHAT IT TAKES
• Experience in similar roles preferred
• Account Leadership Experience: A proven track record expanding business with clients by engaging key stakeholders to understand their needs and provide value
• Strategic Perspective: You approach each interaction from a strategic point of view and create account plans to ensure alignment across internal teams, identifying risks and opportunities as they emerge to build and maintain effective relationships
• Contract Negotiation Skills: You’ve led contract negotiations in rapidly changing environments by proactively identifying risks and opportunities within each account
• Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Industry: You’re able to demonstrate deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and speak the language of life sciences clients when communicating about the strategic value of Citeline’s solutions.
• Consultative Sales Skills: You have proven consultative sales skills, including competitive market research, lead generation, prospecting, business development and closing sales
• Collaboration: You have worked in a collaborative environment and thrive by partnering internally as well as with clients/prospects
• High Close Ratios: You have strong presentation, communication, negotiation, objection handling skills leading to high close ratios
• A desire to be the best in the team…while supporting your fellow team members, to be their best
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
• 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a personal day
• 5% pension match
• Group Life Assurance (100% employer funded)
• Group Income Protection (100% employer funded)
• Other voluntary benefits such as: Dental, Cash Plan, PMI Excess Cover, Health Screening & Critical Illness
The guiding principles for success at Norstella:
01: Bold, Passionate, Mission-First
We have a lofty mission to Smooth Access to Life Saving Therapies and we will get there by being bold and passionate about the mission and our clients. Our clients and the mission in what we are trying to accomplish must be in the forefront of our minds in everything we do.
02: Integrity, Truth, Reality
We make promises that we can keep, and goals that push us to new heights. Our integrity offers us the opportunity to learn and improve by being honest about what works and what doesn’t. By being true to the data and producing realistic metrics, we are able to create plans and resources to achieve our goals.
03: Kindness, Empathy, Grace
We will empathize with everyone's situation, provide positive and constructive feedback with kindness, and accept opportunities for improvement with grace and gratitude. We use this principle across the organization to collaborate and build lines of open communication.
04: Resilience, Mettle, Perseverance
We will persevere – even in difficult and challenging situations. Our ability to recover from missteps and failures in a positive way will help us to be successful in our mission.
05: Humility, Gratitude, Learning
We will be true learners by showing humility and gratitude in our work. We recognize that the smartest person in the room is the one who is always listening, learning, and willing to shift their thinking.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Citeline is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Our ethos is to respect and value people’s differences, to help everyone achieve more at work as well as in their personal lives so that they feel proud of the part they play in our success. We believe that all decisions about people at work should be based on the individual’s abilities, skills, performance and behaviour and our business requirements. Citeline operates a zero tolerance policy to any form of discrimination, abuse or harassment. We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here, you are welcome. If you read this job description and feel engaged and excited, we’d love to see you apply.